1. The price difference. The general price range of ordinary PU in the market is lower than microfiber leather.
2. The performance of the surface layer is different. Although the surface layers of the microfiber and the ordinary PU, both of them are polyurethane resins, but the ordinary PU that has been popular for many years, so ordinary PU has much more colors and styles than the microfiber leather. On the other hand, generally speaking, the polyurethane resin of microfiber leather has stronger abrasion resistance, acid and alkali resistance, hydrolysis resistance than the ordinary PU, and also the color fastness and texture are also better than ordinary PU.
3. The base material is different. Ordinary PU is with knitted fabric or woven fabric or non-woven fabric as the base fabric, and then coated with polyurethane resin. The microfiber leather is with a three-dimensional structure of microfiber nonwoven fabric as the base fabric, and then coated with high-performance polyurethane resin.
4. Different performance. Microfiber leather is much better than ordinary PU in terms of abarasion resistance, moisture absorption, comfort and other performance indicators etc.
5. Market prospects. The competition of ordinary PU market is very fierce because of the excess capcity and low technical thresholdand. On the other hand, because of the high technical threshold and the limited capacity and high performance, the microfiber leather is increasingly recognized by consumers, so there is a large market for growth